AUSTRALIA DAY PARADE
We are inviting South Australians to come together and Celebrate our National Day by taking part in the Australia Day Parade. The Parade is a chance for everyone to reflect on our community as a whole and the many facets that make up the character of our State and Country.
To see images and videos of past Australia Day celebrations in Adelaide visit: www.facebook.com/AusDaySA
This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your group, to show pride in your community and share your day with family, friends and members of the wider community.
WHEN AND WHERE
The Australia Day Parade will be held on Australia Day.
It will commence at 6:00pm from the corner of Franklin and King William Streets, travel north along King William Street and conclude at Elder Park
GROUPS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE
Groups that would like to show their national pride for our great country are invited to participate. Participating groups are requested to wear costume, uniform, (or all tops and pants of the same colour), or traditional dress which best represent your country of origin, culture, lifestyle, hobby, sport, organisation, achievements or legacies. We encourage dance, colour, music, singing and artistic expression.
Please note the following general conditions of entry:
- Entry in the parade is voluntary, no entry fee is charged and no payment for entry is given..
- The parade is a festive occasion to celebrate the Australian lifestyle and is not to be used to promote religious or political purposes.
- The parade is a fun, family event and no inappropriate behaviour will be tolerated from participants..
- Groups are NOT to stop at any point along the parade route to do a performance.
- Groups are not permitted to stop unless instructed by a Parade Marshal.
- The number of participants in the parade may be limited in the interests of public safety and to ensure timelines are met.
- Participants will be notified during January of full marshalling instructions including their place in the parade.
- All vehicles in the parade must be ‘special’ or ‘decorated’ vehicles.
- Vehicles must comply with our Vehicle Rules.
- Signs or banners must be approved by the Australia Day Council of South Australia prior to the day of the Parade.